Friday, July 22, 2011

Power in Food




So when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree desirable to make one wise, she took of its fruit and ate.  She also gave to her husband with her, and he ate.  Genesis 3:6

Food is powerful...and it's important to our physical, emotional, and spiritual makeup.  As women of households...we also hold the key to our family's health.  Like it or not we are the primary food choice maker.

I'm on my third day of hitting the track, Hip Hop Abs, and then punching my heavy bag for a few minutes.  It's easy now...work starts on the 3rd; that's when time issues become tight.  My back ached for a few days..but I worked through it and this morning it hasn't hurt at all.  I'm hoping my muscles are becoming stronger.

Breakfast:  breakfast pizza
                  banana bread
                  juice

Lunch:       popcorn

Supper:     fried cod
                 macaroni w/cheese
                 peas

I'm loving the popcorn this summer.  I don't keep junk food in the house so this is filling the need when it hits.  I pop it myself and put two tablespoons of butter in it with a little salt.  I keep it in bags so that it's ready when I'm ready.  It's my snack food of the summer!


What is your favorite snack food?

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I'm officially cracking up here. :-D
    We are soooo opposites in our food plan, LOL! Everything on todays list with the exception of the fried cod (unless it was battered) would have to go on my Carb list... and I eat low carb. That just goes to show how different people are. :-D

    My favorite snack: sugar free Chocoperfection bar. The European Milk Chocolate one. Mmmmmm... with hot tea, so your mouth gets all warmy, causing the chocolate to melt in your mouth. Oh dear, just made myself want one, ha ha ha

    ReplyDelete