Monday, July 25, 2011

Stress Eating......

Mine would be cheese...chips....dip....ect. 

And you shall take for yourself of all food that is eaten, and you shall gather it to yourself; and it shall be food for you and for them.  Genesis 6:21

If you haven't figured it out, I'm listing all of the verses that contain the word food in them.  Food is something that you have to come to terms with; it's a part of who we are.  It's one of the joys that God has given us and if it is out of balance then it causes not joy....but stress.  That's when I will find myself grabbing something to just calm my nerves.

I don't know how many times I have caught myself eating and was not hungry.  But either the clock was showing that it was time to eat, I was bored or my mouth was needing something to chew on.  So I'm trying to be proactive because I know it will come.  I keep healthy snack food prepared and ready.  Popcorn has been good this summer, nuts, yogurt, and I have baby carrots but it's not going to happen.  Same with the cottage cheese I bought....

Today's Food



Breakfast:     5:00 a.m.

shredded wheat & fresh peaches--toast

Snack: 10:00 a.m.
popcorn

Lunch:  12.00 p.m.

very small salad w/ half avacodo

Snack: 2:00 p.m.

slice of pizza

Supper:  6:00 p.m.

baked chicken, rice, & turnip greens---homemade yeast rolls

I don't eat at night after supper.                       


How do you prepare for hunger when it strikes in between meals?

No comments:

Post a Comment